Alabama State move in day can be extremely stressful during the freshman school year. We understand that feeling and that is why we have compiled a list on what to bring and not to bring during move in day. Here is the complete Alabama State packing list!
What Items to Bring to Alabama State University on Move in Day?
MAKING IT YOUR HOME
· Posters, photographs, and other decorations
· Area rug
· Lamp and/or desk lamp and light bulbs
· Sheets (XL Twin)
· Mattress pad
· Alarm clock
· Dish soap and towels
· Kitchen supplies including plates, cups, bowls, utensils, can opener, chip clips, Ziploc bags, and storage containers
· Favorite snacks and drinks
· Foods for quick easy meals in your room (breakfast bars, Ramen noodles, microwave meals, etc.)
· School supplies including binders, folders, pens, pencils, index cards, notebooks, calculator, etc..
· Personal organizer/calendar Computer, printer, cords, including disks and/or CD’s, printer paper, surge protectors, and ink cartridges
· Cleaning supplies including disinfecting wipes
and room freshener. Broom, mop etc.
· Laundry supplies including detergent, fabric softener, stain removers, lint brush, iron, Iron/ironing board, and plenty of quarters
· Paper towels
· Garbage can and bags
· DVD player
· Television not exceeding 32 inches
· HD Converter Box
· Surge Protector
· Microwaves (700 watts or less)
· Refrigerators (2.6 cubic feet or smaller)
· Storage bins (for under your bed or in your closet)
· First Aid kit
· Dry Erase Board and Markers
· Towels and washcloths (at least two sets)
· Shower Curtains
· Shower caddy
· Shower shoes/ flip flops
· Shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, etc.
· Clothes hangers
· Clothes hamper/ laundry bag
· Clothes, shoes, outerwear, and accessories (Your entire wardrobe collection will not be able to fit so take advantage of changing your wardrobe during the Winter Break and again during Spring Break)
· Make sure to have a variety of clothes in your closet for all occasions. You may never know what you will need to pull out. For example for an interview or Career Fair. Appropriate attire is needed.
What Items Not to Bring to Alabama State University on Move in Day?
- Octopus/spider lamps
- Hot plates and toasters (no open coils)
- Air conditioners or space heaters
- Halogen lights, lamps or high-intensity bulbs
- Alcohol & alcohol containers
- Hookah/pipes/firecrakers/inflammables (any open flame devices)
- Candle/coffee mug warmers
- Ceiling fans/track lighting
- Cinder blocks
- Drugs/Drug Paraphernalia
- Deep fryers/ Airfyers
- Electric blankets
- Guns, weapons or ammunition
- Grills of any kind (including electrical)
- Hotplates, or George Forman Grills
- Pets (including fish, birds, lizards, dogs, cats, etc.)
- Power tools
- Satellite dishes/antennas placed outside of room
- Street signs (University, city, county or state)