The University of Michigan is a huge school with over 30,000 undergraduate and over 15,000 graduate enrollments. With so many students and organization on campus, how well do you really know University of Michigan students?
Humans of University conducted a survey of over 400 University of Michigan students to find out more about their lifestyle, academics, financial position and mental health. Here are the results of the survey with some interesting findings.
This survey was conducted on February 29th, 2020.
1. What year are you in at University of Michigan?
Out of the 400 students in the survey, majority are in their freshman year with 45% freshman. 34% sophomores, 14% juniors and 7% seniors.
2. What is the best streaming platform you are currently using?
To learn more about the University of Michigan student’s lifestyle, we asked which streaming platform they like the most and also which social media they use the most.
3. Which social media app do you use the most currently?
4. Are you currently on student loans?
To understand more about the student’s financial position, we surveyed whether they are currently on student loans or not. Surprisingly, majority of University of Michigan students are currently not on student loans.
5. What are your estimated weekly spending during the school year?
6. Do you drink coffee or use products to help you study?
7. How are your grades/GPA currently?
8. Do you think your major will be an important factor in securing a job?
9. Are you struggling with Mental Health?
Since mental health is a huge topic in the education world today, we wanted to know how University of Michigan students are doing. To our surprise, 58% of the students are struggling with mental health. The University of Michigan has many resources for stress and mental health. You could refer to these resources here. Based on the survey, majority of University of Michigan students that are struggling with mental health are struggling with anxiety disorder and depression.