College dorms can be very expensive. Many students are looking to get an apartment with some of your friends and split the rent instead of paying for full housing fees. You can get a lot more for your money and you won’t have to deal with all the crazy regulations. Here are the top 25 schools with the best off-campus housing.
1. University of Missouri, St. Louis, MO
2. Auburn University, Auburn, AL
3. New York University, New York City, NY
4. George Washington University, Washington, DC
5. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
6. Northeastern University, Boston, MA
7. University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
8. Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
9. University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
10. Clemson University, Clemson, SC
11. James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
12. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
13. University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
14. University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
15. University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
16. Duke University, Durham, NC
17. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
18. DePaul University, Chicago, IL
19. University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
20. Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
21. Cal Poly SLO, San Luis Obispo, CA
22. San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
23. University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
24. George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
25. Boston University, Boston, MA
What to consider when looking for off campus housing?
- Be sure to check the neighborhood for safety and accessibility.
- Be sure to write a contract with the landlord so they can’t kick you out whenever they want.
- Check if there are any damages in the house or things that are broken so they can fix right away.
- Make sure to ask if utilities and furniture are included.
- Don’t forget to ask if there are any parking that comes with the off campus housing.