1. Cleaning Supplies
In a 15×15 room, there is definitely no need for two vacuums or three brooms. There just isn’t enough space. With these items you can split the list or split the cost of the items.
- Hand Vacuum (Does the same job and is a more reasonable size for a dorm)
- Broom and Dustpan
- Clorox Wipes
- Air Fresheners
- Wet Wipes
- Paper Towels
- All Surface Cleaner
2. School Supplies
There are plenty of school supplies that can be shared between roommates as well.
- Printer Paper
- Ink Cartridges
- Stapler ( A lot of people forget this and some professors request papers printed and stapled! This will be a hot commodity)
Before you splurge on appliances for your dorm make sure to check with your school to see what they allow and with your roommate! What would you do with two microwaves?
- Mini Fridge
- Food in the fridge (Make sure you establish whether food is for sharing or if each roommate will have their own)
- Coffee Maker/ Keurig
- Brita Water Filter ( Not really an appliance but really important)
- Air Conditioner
- DVD Player
- Game Console
4. First Aid Supplies
Though ample supplies can be useful in the case of illness or injury, these are things you can share.
- Ibuprofen, Advil, Tylenol
- Antiseptic Wipes
- Other Over The Counter Medications
- Dayquil, Nyquil, Cough Syrup ect
In a small little room make sure you communicate with your roommate regarding furniture.
- Beanbag Chair
- Door Mirror or Standing Mirror
- There’s an awesome one that opens up to a cot which is great for overnight guests
- Small Couch (If you have space)
These items don’t quite fall into a category, but they can definitely be shared!
- Sewing Kit
- White Board
✰That’s just a start and I’m sure you could find even more to include on this list. Good luck to everyone and have a great year!✰